250 grams of butter or margarine
3 decilitre of sugar
4 decilitre of gingerbread crumbs or Digestive crumbs
60 grams of shredded almond
2 decilitre of wheat flour
1,5 teaspoons of baking powder
bitter-almond oil (optional)
1 decilitre of milk / cream / apple juice
1 decilitre of raspberry jam
a little water or juice
1) Mix butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time.
2) Mix all dry ingredients and add them to the butter and sugar mix and then add the milk or juice.
3) Grease a cake tin and sprinkle with crumbs or flour. Pour the mixture into the tin.
4) Bake in 150 C for one hour if you use a big cake tin, in 200 C for 20-30 minutes if you use smaller tins.
5) You can moisten the tortes with a mix of water and rum or punch.
6) Decorate with raspberry jam and a ring of icing around the jam.
Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea or - as Runeberg is said to have done - a glass of punch!